Plan, Promote, Organize and Implement Programs for Construction,
Development, Operation, Repairs and Maintenance of National Highways/
Motorways and Strategic Roads.
Powers & Duties of NHA
* Advise the Federal Government on matters relating to National Highways and Strategic Roads .
* Frame a scheme or schemes for matters such as Construction, Expansion, Operation and Development of National Highways and Strategic
Roads and undertake work/incur expenditure on such scheme(s).
* Acquire any Land in accordance with legal procedure and obtain and
dispose of movable and immovable property of interests therein.
* Research and Development in the field of Highways.
* Procure Plant, Machinery, Instruments and Materials required for its use.
* Enter into and perform all such contracts as it may consider necessary.
* Levy, Collect or cause to be collected Tolls on National Highways,
Strategic Roads and such other roads as may be entrusted to it and
* License facilities on roads under its control on such terms as it deems fit.
* Determine a building line between which and the ROW it shall not be
lawful without the consent of the Authority to construct or maintain
any structure or make any excavation.
* Cause Studies, Surveys, Experiments and Technical Researches to be
made or contribute towards the cost of such studies, surveys,
experiments or technical researches made by any other agency.